This page summarizes some of the most Frequently Asked
Questions about ActionApps.
- What are ActionApps?
- ActionApps are publishing tools that plug into websites. With ActionApps,
publishing news and information online is as easy as filling in online
forms. Their unique Content Pooling technology enables organizations
to exchange articles between their sites. For more details,
see About ActionApps.
- What can ActionApps do for my organization?
- ActionApps empower anyone to publish online, saving you the
money you'd normally spend on web specialists (or training). ActionApps
also make your team more efficientsince the people who create
your group's information can publish it online themselves. Finally,
ActionApps' Content Pooling technology, by letting you trade articles
with partner sites, helps you access new content (theirs) and new
audiences (for yours). About ActionApps
presents more about benefits, while Strategic
Uses offers tips on adapting ActionApps to your own needs.
- What is Content Pooling?
- Content Pooling lets you exchange articles with any number of partner
sites. You can create a pool with any number of partners. With Pooling,
you always retain complete control: you can withold any item from
your pool; and you can reject any item made available to you.
- What's the benefit of Content Pooling?
- There are two general kinds of benefits: (1) Content - Pooling
can give you access to a fresh stream of content for your site (in
the form of your partners' articles); and (2) Publicity - Pooling
can help you get your own content out to new audiences (whenever you
partners reprint your articles).
- Who can I create a Content Pool with?
- You can create a content pool with any number of partner sites.
All of your partners must be subscribing to ActionApps with the same
- How do I get ActionApps?
- ActionApps are offered as site plug-in services by individual members
of the Association for Progressive Communications
(APC). The APC itself does not offer ActionApps services directly.
To find an APC provider near you, go to Get
- What specific ActionApps are available?
- Different APC providers offer different services based on the ActionApps
platform. In general, most APC providers can offer a solution for
publishing events, news, action alerts, press releases, contact lists,
and similar articles/listings. For specifics, ask your APC
- How much do ActionApps cost?
- Different APC providers offer different services based on ActionApps.
So prices vary. For specifics, please ask your
- Where do I go for user support?
- Only the APC member providing your ActionApps can support the service.
The APC itself cannot directly support individual ActionApps users.
- Is there a manual available?
- Yes, there is. It is currently available in English and Spanish.
Visit our downloads section
to get your own copy to print out.